Command station display with a flat black glassite surface configurable into a number of v-panes and control bars that interfaces with the main comp via a comp conduit interface. A v-panel can include a v-pickup.
The surface of the display consists of an electrically active composite - which is sensitive to touch. Commands can be entered either via the displayed control bars and glyphs or with a stylus. The surface also permits confirmation panes to read a thumb or hand print.
- In response to a glyph selection the glyph winks green on the v-panel to acknowledge a successful command transfer.
- When switched on a v-panel shows a green indicator to denote standby.
- Battle plot
- Live or recorded v-feed and data-feed
- Navplot, including vector maps
- Traffic control plot
- Transit deflector status
When an alert status is sounded, the captain's v-panel automatically adjusts its display into ship status, local space , threat list, and multiple sub-panes showing v-feeds from various ship divisions.
Command glyphs include:
- Banded red and white glyph
- Conical mountain belching flame
- Eagle twisted around cactus pads
- Flayed-man's face glyph
- Four-wind glyph
- Running-man glyph
- Running-man bearing a flame glyph
- Warrior with two reeds glyph
- Youth bearing two rabbits glyph