Heads of State
The twin Mountains:
- The Méxica Emperor, Ahuizotl, sixth of that name.
- The Emperor of Japan, Juntoku, 136th Tenno no Nihon.
- The Tlachialoni.
- The Cihuacoatl.
- The Tlamatinime.
- The Imperial Diplomatic Corps.
- The Foreign Office.
- The Ministry of Finance.
- The Colonial Service.
- The Police Force
- The Imperial Méxica Navy.
- The Imperial Marines.
- The Imperial Army.
- The victorious nation of the Last War on Anáhuac, ruled from Tenochtitlán, the Imperial Center, in alliance with the Nisei and the Japanese according to the treaties of Unity. This is embodied in the primary language of the Army (Náhuatl) and that of the Admiralty (Nihongo).
- The Empire rules the colonies of the Inner Worlds and the several hundred systems extending out to the Rim which include colony worlds, mining outposts, military stations and commercial stations and civilian habitats.
- The Empire (and the Judges) work ceaselessly to keep alien influences out of Méxica space, or to tightly control interactions when alien races (such as the Hjogadim) travel among humans.
- The main languages of the Empire are Náhuatl, Norman and French.
- The Méxica Empire is Christian with an admixture of traditional beliefs - see Méxica Religion. The Nisei are a mixture of Buddhist and Shinto.
- The Imperial Clan.
- The Seven Imperial Clans. The vast majority of high positions are held by nobles drawn from the Seven Imperial Clans and their cadet branches.
- The Seven Hundred Clans. The most important families are known as the Four Hundred Houses. Clan and family govern social position and careers within the Empire, with the Emperor and the Imperial Family forming the core of an intricate web of blood-ties and clan alliances. Though there are powerful non-Méxica clans (such as the Skawt and Éirish families which allied themselves with the Méxica during the wars of conquest in Britain and Europe), Caste status within the Empire is also defined by owning land upon Anáhuac itself, particularly within the confines of old México.
- The First from the Center - the Méxica.
- The Second from the Center - allies such as the Nisei, Mixteca, Skawts, Éirish and New France.
- The conquered peoples are the macehualli, the Third from the Center.
For the early history of the nation see Azteca.