Mitsuharu is the sun reaching its zenith in the South, which is the domain of war (the god Huitzilopochtli) and the great enemy of the Four Hundred Southerners (the demons of darkness and the underworld). Mitsu's pursuit of the Turan is the contest of the ball court (the tlachco) as the sun descends into the underworld during the passage of night and - at last, rises victorious, restored and reborn.
- Rank: Chu-sa.
- Service ID 9874662.
- A short, slightly built Nisei with stringy back hair, a neat beard and mustache, the son of a violin-maker and a shop-clerk. His family is from Shinedo on Anáhuac. Wry, soft-spoken and confident. Unlike many of his fellow officers, he is entirely content with his honorable position and command.
- Hadeishi is born to an ancient Japanese clan, but while the Nisei nation is an old and respected ally of the Méxica, the Hadeishi are only a poor and ill-connected clan.
- Mitsuharu is the first military officer from his family in generations, though the Hadeishi are descended from samurai ancestors.
- Without political patronage or allies among the ranks of the great military orders (the Jaguar Knights or the Eagle Knights), it seems very likely that he will be a small-ship commander for his whole career.
- His dress uniform includes service ribbons and two small medals.
- Has served in the Fleet for more than twenty years, on a dozen ships.
- Collects alien books and owns two Jomon period saki cups.
- No noble Clan affiliations.
- No entries in Sponsor List.
- Letter expressing the gratitude of the Laird MacLaren for the timely intervention of the Toge against a Megair raid on New Devon.
- Sixteenth in his class at the Fleet Academy: fourth in tactical exercises, second in overall efficiency.
- Winner of the Graymont Exercise three years in a row.
- Decorated three times for valor under fire.
- Credited with eleven capital-ship kills against Khaid, Megair, pirate and Kroomākh opponents.
- Cadet service aboard the Tizoc.
- First tour of duty on the heavy carrier Shoryu.
- First deep space command, the captaincy of the Bara-class destroyer Toge.
- Second deep space command, the captaincy of the destroyer Ceatl.
- Third deep space command, the captaincy of the Astronomer-class light cruiser Henry R. Cornuelle:
- Retaining command staff from the Ceatl. Hadeshi and his command staff have now served together for six years.
- Assigned to detached duty anti-piracy patrols in the Hittite Sector.
- Entrusted with carrying Doctor Anderssen and her Company relief mission to Ephesus III.
- Whilst on patrol the Cornuelle has had four engagements with hostile elements, three privateer kills (including the Turan in the Ephesus System) and settled five station or planetary disputes by force of arms.
- Recalled to Toroson Advanced Fleet Base for the decommissioning of the Cornuelle.
- Assigned to the List after fifteen years of service in the Fleet.
- Following the events on Jagan and the wreck of the Cornuelle and the loss of seventy of her crew, court-martialed for gross dereliction of duty at Toroson base.
- Returned to Shinedo, Anáhuac. Employed as a samisen musician in low-grade tea houses.
- Hired by the Rusman Corporation as an Engineer's Mate on the freetrader Wilful.
- Favorite childhood 2-d was The Book of Five Rings chambara featuring the adventures of Lord Musashi.
- Associated persons:
- The record of the engagement of the Turan was altered in the ship’s log which is one reason why Green Hummingbird provided the command keys to Hadeishi before leaving the Cornuelle at Mimixcoa.
- A collector of human and alien books, including Hesht paw-books and unidentifiable texts. Rumored to have read a copy of the Ping Fa.