Huitzilozoctic: Green Hummingbird
Green Hummingbird is the sun that sets in the West, world-weary but filled with knowledge, struggling to keep from falling into darkness, though the hostile stars tug at his tattered robe. Traditionally this role is female, but here (as for Gretchen) the depiction is reversed. For him, Gretchen is a truly dangerous youth recklessly seeking to plunge headlong into matters and knowledge which could destroy her, him and the Empire itself. He knows too well how deadly the universe can be.
- Imperial Citizen. Born in the priestly city of Texcoco in the Valley of México.
- Member of one of the Four Hundred Houses of the Imperial Center.
- A tlamatinime, an Imperial Judge invested with Imperial Authority.
- Security clearance: Tlachialoni Ring-Four.
- A wiry, bald old man with green eyes; the descendant of a very famous Méxica judge.
- Uses a Smoke-class computer and owns an ancient alien holostore device that looks like a small blue pyramid. It interfaces with his Smoke computer via a nest of golden wires subject to a secure series of cutoff buffers.
- Has a surgically implanted dropwire and eyecast.
- Assigned as Political Officer aboard the IMN Cornuelle for the recovery mission of a Company scientific mission on Ephesus III.
- Ephesus System sealed by his order, Imperial Office of the Tlachialoni.
- After the events in the Ephesus System Green Hummingbird left the IMN Cornuelle at Mimixcoa.
- Associated persons: