Glassite work goggles provide a number of facilities to the wearer in addition to protecting the eyes in hostile environments:
- Popup vid-eyes that allow the wearer to overlay recorded and live data over their vision.
- They can be programmed to react to the wearer blinking in a specific way or to tongue clicks.
- They polarize in intense light to protect the wearer's eyes.
- A worklens which allows the wearer to select a wide range of frequencies and light sources:
- The v-feed from other optical instruments such as cameras or microscopes.
- Amplification of available light to provide a nightsight facility.
- Magnification: acting as binoculars or a low magnification microscope.
- Infrared thermal imaging, which can be used in conjunction with a multispec.
- Ultraviolet imaging, which can be used in conjunction with a multispec.