Category:Lords of the Earth
You’ve found the main Lords of the Earth web-site. LOTE is a play-by-(e)mail war game. Basically, you’re the king or queen of a medieval (or Renaissance or Classical or Fantasy) nation and struggle to better your own realm, usually at the expense of other nations (and players). This is a turns-based game, so you have to wait for your results, fretting and biting your nails.
In all of the campaigns, players control nations, religious orders or primacies, merchant houses or secret societies struggling to survive, expand and overthrow their enemies. Play is handled in turns, where the players submit orders to the Game Master, then receive results in the form of a newsfax (newsletter) and a stat sheet (which describes their position after the results of the turn).
Lords of the Earth has been in business for twenty-four years and the longest running campaign has reached turn 221.
Thinking you don’t have enough to do? Being a Carmelite monk left you too much time for a social life? Then perhaps you have what it takes to be a LOTE GM! Check out the GM Area public page for a good talking-to.
Want to help out with developing the support systems and client programs for Lords of the Earth? Join the development group!
Lords of the Earth was developed by Thomas Harlan in 1983. He still runs Campaign One - An Age of Air and Steam.
- Black Empire - Sea of Fear
- Campaign One - An Age of Air and Steam
- Campaign Two - Il Renaissance
- Campaign Three - The High Middle Ages
- Campaign Four - Comets & Carnosaurs
- Campaign Five - The Middle Ages
- Campaign Six - Age of Wonders
- Campaign Seven - Wild World
- Campaign Nine - The Renaissance
- Campaign Ten
- Campaign XI
- Campaign Twelve
- Campaign Thirteen - A Twilight of Empires
- Campagna Italia One - Medio Evo
- Campaign Fifteen - Lords Lite
- Campaign Seventeen - The Rise of Empires
- Campaign Nineteen
- Campaign Twenty
- Campaign Twenty-Three - The Final Battle
- Campaign Twenty-Four - The Age of the Crusades
- Campaign Twenty-Five
- Campaign Twenty-Seven - The Dark Ages
- Campaign Twenty-Eight - Deus Vult!
- Campaign Thirty - Europa
- Campaign Thirty-One - Dawn of the Modern Age
- Campaign Thirty-Two - The Birth of Magic
- Campaign Thirty-Three - The High Middle Ages
- Campaign Thirty-Four - The Dawn of Civilization
- Campaign Thirty-Five - Lords of Steam
- Campaign Thirty-Eight - The Great War
- Campaign Thirty-Nine - Another Earth
- Campaign Forty-Three - The Rise of Globalism
- Campaign Forty-Seven - Rise of the Classical Age
- Campaign Fifty-One - The Age of Awakenings
- Campaign Fifty-Four - Lords of Theeurth
- Campaign Ninety-One - The Magical Lands of Tarsha
- Campaign One-Hundred - Distant Stars
|Live - a turn in the last year|
|Stalled - no turn for more than a year|
|Probably defunct - no turn for five years|
Announcements on Wire Traffic
Conversations on LOTE-L
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Lords of the Earth"
This category contains only the following page.