The class of Astronomer ships is being decommissioned and retired from service, sold or parted out. (House of Reeds).
Each role utilizes its capability to:
- Detect and counter enemy ships.
- Avoid counter-attack using its manoeuvrability and stealth profile.
The Astronomer-class is deployed:
- In a detached role:
- Patrol to follow a regular route, performing:
- Interdiction to delay, disrupt, or destroy enemy forces or supplies en route to a battle area.
- In a main fleet role:
- To provide light reconnaissance and interdiction.
- To harass enemy vessels whilst screening higher value assets from attack.
Ships of the class
|Designation:||CL Light Cruiser|
|Three squads of Imperial Marines.|
|Machinery:||Antimatter main drive output divided into six engine nacelles.|
|Primary and secondary reactors.|
|Main comp connected to other ship systems by triplicated datacores|
|G-decking only in place in the primary crew spaces, with nonskid deckplating present at gangways.|
|Endurance:||Nine months on patrol|
|Ship’s craft:||Three Varanus-class cargo/combat shuttles.|
|One Captain’s Launch.|
|A number of engineering work platforms for EVA work.|
|Sensors:||Equipped with passive sensor and active sensor arrays.|
|Six Huehuetl-6B ECM Outrider drones.|
|Stealth:||Stealth capability enhanced by hull profile, shipskin and interior heat sump.|
|Armament:||Nine missile racks capable of launching:|
|Atlatl-IV anti-ship sprint missiles.|
|Hayai Roku missiles.|
|Primary and secondary particle beam mounts.</br>|
|Point-defense equipped with railguns and gatling guns mounted within the shipskin.|